Over time, jewellery can become dull and lose its sparkle, but cleaning your jewellery is not difficult, it just needs a little bit of care and attention every now and again.
Cleaning your Ice Skating Jewellery
- Silver and Gold Ice Skating Jewellery should be cleaned regularly by giving an occasional rub with a specialist silver cloth. This will keep your jewellery sparkling and shiny.
- Mini silver cloths are available to purchase at a cost of £2.75 when you order any products from Ice Skating Jewellery. Click here to purchase.
- An occasional dip in a specialist ‘silver dip’ can also help to brighten up silver Ice Skating Jewellery.
- With all items of jewellery, avoid contact with perfume, detergents and hair products etc, which can blacken/tarnish silver.
- The chemicals in swimming pools can tarnish silver turning it black very quickly, we suggest taking your jewellery off before swimming in a pool and also whilst showering.
- When your Ice Skating Jewellery is not being worn, store it in the original box wrapped with acid-free tissue paper. This will stop your jewellery from tarnishing further.
Gold-Plated Ice Skating Jewellery:
- All gold-plated jewellery is plated by a specialist plating company in 18ct yellow gold. Ice Skating Jewellery recommends cleaning gold-plated items in hot soapy water with a soft toothbrush and rinsing well.
- Over time, especially if the item is worn every day, the plating will gradually wear. Ice Skating Jewellery offers a re-plating service, contact for details.
Oxidised Silver Ice Skating Jewellery:
- Oxidised silver has been chemically treated to produce a dark grey/black finish. Do not use a silver dip, silver cloth or anything abrasive on oxidised silver as this will remove the finish. Over time the oxidised surface will wear away, adding to the piece's character.
- Ice Skating Jewellery can provide a free re-oxidising service. There will be a small fee for this service to cover return shipping costs.
- If you have pieces that are particularly tarnished or that are in need of a bit of attention, Ice Skating Jewellery offers a clean and revamp service, please enquire for more details.