Over time, silver jewellery will become dull and lose its sparkle, but cleaning your jewellery is not difficult, it just needs a little bit of care and attention every now and again.
Cleaning your Ice Skating Jewellery
- Silver and Gold Ice Skating Jewellery should be cleaned regularly by giving an occasional rub with a specialist silver cloth. This will keep your jewellery sparkling and shiny.
- Oxidised Silver Ice Skating Necklaces: Oxidised silver has been chemically treated to produce a dark grey/black finish. Over time, this will wear away, adding to the piece's character. Do not use a silver dip or a silver cloth on oxidised silver items as this will remove the finish.
- To clean particularly dull and dirty silver and gold-plated surfaces, use a specialist silver dip which is widely available to buy online. Google 'silver dip'.
- Mini silver cloths are available to purchase at a cost of £2.50 when you order any products from Ice Skating Jewellery. Click here to purchase.
- When your Ice Skating Jewellery is not being worn, store it in the original box wrapped with acid-free tissue paper. This will stop your jewellery from tarnishing further.
- With all items of jewellery, avoid contact with perfume, detergents and hair products etc, which can blacken/tarnish silver.
If you have pieces that are particularly tarnished or that are in need of a bit of attention, Ice Skating Jewellery offers a clean and revamp service, please enquire for more details.